Release 0.9.8.2 out now

Andrew McMillan
Hi Everyone,

I've just released version 0.9.8.2 (along with AWL version 0.41) which
should really finish the transition started with 0.9.8, and hopefully
remove the last rough edges and 'minor' bugs that were still present in
0.9.8.1.

Most of the changes in this version are in the admin user interface,
especially around collection maintenance, where it is possible now to
set a collection back to inheriting it's default privileges from the
principal level.

It is also possible now to delete collections or principals, and (once
more) to load them from a .ics file, and so the link to the old user
maintenance screens has been removed (the screens themselves will be
removed in the next version).

Full release notes are, as usual, here:

   http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.8.2

I hope that this new release is a return to the stability that has
unfortunately been missing from the last couple of releases as a
consequence of the huge levels of change between 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 series,
and I believe that this is a 'safe' upgrade for everyone.

I'll push packages to sourceforge later in the week, and notifications
on freshmeat, unless I wake up tomorrow morning with egg all over my
face :-)

I'm currently not intending to make further significant functionality
changes in the 0.9.8.x series now, which should simply be bug fixes and
translation updates from this point, while more radical development
(though nothing like as radical as 0.9.8 was) moves into a 0.9.9 series.

Regards,
                                        Andrew McMillan.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
      Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act: hesitate.

Re: Release 0.9.8.2 out now

Matthias Fechner
Hi Andrew,

On 23.02.2010 12:03, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Full release notes are, as usual, here:
>
>     http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.8.2

thanks a lot for your update, works perfectly here.

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: Release 0.9.8.2 out now

Michael Rasmussen
Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:03:00 +1300
Andrew McMillan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just released version 0.9.8.2 (along with AWL version 0.41) which
> should really finish the transition started with 0.9.8, and hopefully
> remove the last rough edges and 'minor' bugs that were still present in
> 0.9.8.1.

A strange observation from the other side of the globe:-)

Timestamp on your server: 23-Feb-2010 23:42
Current time in Denmark: feb 23 21:17:03 CET

This means that even though the upgraded packages are available on your
server aptitude update does not catch your updated packages since they,
according to my server, are timestamped in the future.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of
24 hours.
                -- Mark Twain, on New England weather

Re: Release 0.9.8.2 out now

Jason alavaliant

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Andrew McMillan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the new release.     I've noticed a few things in testing.

if a select a principal in the web interface then under
default privileges.  click 'all' then 'apply changes'.   I get the following error;

    * Updating Principal record.
    * ERROR: ERROR: bit string length 25 does not match type bit(24)

testing each permission in turn it seems to be 'read access controls' being on that triggers the issue?

Is anybody else seeing that or is it just me?   I have been doing a lot of playing with the database on my dev server so I'm unsure if I've just broken something in my db or not.

-J

Re: Release 0.9.8.2 out now

Andrew McMillan
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 20:20 +1300, Jason alavaliant wrote:

> Thanks for the new release.     I've noticed a few things in testing.
>
> if a select a principal in the web interface then under
> default privileges.  click 'all' then 'apply changes'.   I get the
> following error;
>
>     * Updating Principal record.
>     * ERROR: ERROR: bit string length 25 does not match type bit(24)
Yes.  Fixed now, and included in 0.9.8.3 release.

> Is anybody else seeing that or is it just me?   I have been doing a
> lot of playing with the database on my dev server so I'm unsure if
> I've just broken something in my db or not.

Nope, it's a bug in calculating the maximum value for 'all' - any other
value works fine.

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.

              Does the turtle move for you?  www.kame.net