Using carddav to access LDAP

Matthias Fechner
Hi List,

I have here a ldap directory running where I have all my addresses stored.
I have written a nice web Gui to access them and modify them.

But to get that data to my iPhone i think using carddav would be the
perfect solution.
Is davical able to connect to a ldap server and store/search for
addresses in the ldap directory instead of the postgres database?

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook

Re: Using carddav to access LDAP

Andrew McMillan
On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 12:51 +0100, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have here a ldap directory running where I have all my addresses stored.
> I have written a nice web Gui to access them and modify them.
>
> But to get that data to my iPhone i think using carddav would be the
> perfect solution.
> Is davical able to connect to a ldap server and store/search for
> addresses in the ldap directory instead of the postgres database?

Hi Matthias,

There's no code in DAViCal to do it, but there is a draft spec for one
small element of this which is here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-carddav-directory-gateway

That seems simple enough that it should be incorporated into whatever
would be written to support this, but other than that I haven't looked
at it, and I have other priorities for DAViCal at the moment (and no
LDAP server here either).

Cheers,
                                        Andrew.
Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore.
                -- Russian Proverb

Re: Using carddav to access LDAP

Matthias Fechner
Hi Andrew,

Am 31.10.2010 20:58, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> There's no code in DAViCal to do it, but there is a draft spec for one
> small element of this which is here:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-carddav-directory-gateway
>
> That seems simple enough that it should be incorporated into whatever
> would be written to support this, but other than that I haven't looked
> at it, and I have other priorities for DAViCal at the moment (and no
> LDAP server here either).

thanks for your answer, maybe I find later this year a little bit of
time to look deeper into it and maybe code something :)

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook